People serving people
The Ayalon Insurance Company was established in 1976 by Mr. Levi Yitzhak Rachmani through Shlomo Rachmani & Sons Ltd. and the foreign insurance company “New Zealand”. Shlomo Rachmani & Sons Ltd. was a family based insurance agency, established by the now deceased Mr. Shlomo Zalman Rachmani (Mr. Levi Yitzhak Rachmani’s father). In 1987, following a reorganization, “New Zealand” sold its holdings in Ayalon to the Rachmani family. The company is a public company, wholly owned by Ayalon Holdings Ltd., and controlled by Mr. Levi Yitzhak Rachmani and his relatives (68.78%). The remainder is held by the public.
A few words about the Ayalon Insurance Company – one of the largest insurance groups in Israel.
1. Ayalon is one of the six largest insurance groups in Israel and has earned the support of the world’s leading reinsurers. These include Swiss Re, Munich Re, Partner Re, Everest Re and Scor. (Links to sites added by translator).
2. Ayalon employs some 900 people, operates an insurance agency specializing in the management of pension arrangements, a real estate company and a network of approximately 2,600 insurance agents and agencies across the country.
3. Deals with general insurance, long term savings and health insurance. However, the company’s main focus is on general insurance, an area in which its profitability is one of the highest in the industry.
4. Ayalon place an emphasis of innovation in all of its operations and offers a wide range of insurance policies and products adapted its customers’ needs.
The Company’s Vision
The company’s slogan, People Serving People, reflects its vision and values – the human side of insurance:
1. The company stands out thanks to its high standards of service, both for
those it insures and its insurance agents
2. Strengthening and preserving human resources and professionalism.
3. Fairness and respect for its customers, business partners and employees.
4. Innovation in work processes and digital.
Investment Channels for Sabbath Observers
Ayalon, as a traditional company which observes the Sabbath, was the first insurance company in the industry which developed investment channels that adhere to Jewish law (Halacha) especially for investors who follow the Torah and observe the Sabbath.
Mr. Shlomo Grofman' Chairmain
In January 2017, Ayalon Pensions and Savings Ltd. merged with Meitav Dash Savings and Pensions Ltd. which today manages Ayalon’s pension and savings operations. Ayalon holds 20% of Meitav Dash Savings and Pensions Ltd. shares.
The Ayalon Group has a number of subsidiary companies including “Ayalon Ne’emanim Insurance Agency Ltd.” which specializes in pension arrangements and “Ayalon H.L.B. Assets & Investments Ltd.” the company’s real estate arm.